If you think there’s no way to start a business during COVID, this is the episode for you.
Even with this being the hardest time to be an entrepreneur, business still thrives and after today’s podcast, yours might too.
Colin Dougherty, Founder of CAMSKNS, talks about his life changing experience of going from an employee being let go to an entrepreneur making his mark on his industry.
In this episode, Colin and I spoke on the ways to make it big even when all the odds are against you in a COVID and Amazon-sized threat filled world.
What You'll Learn from Colin Dougherty of CAMSKNS:
- Email and SMS marketing tips
- How to most effectively spread your product on social media
- Instagram’s incredible value
- Amazon’s drawbacks
- How to rollout new items in your E-commerce store--
Episode Show Notes
- 1:01 - How CAMSKNS was founded.
- 2:18 - Colin discusses starting a business during a pandemic.
- 4:49 - Colin discusses how important Instagram is as a photographer.
- 6:29 - How CAMSKNS grew their IG account using high quality photos and commenting.
- 8:00 - Marketing budgets: 50 - 60% goes to paid ads
- 9:21 - Colin discusses how to hold influencers accountable.
- 12:33 - Colin mentions TikTok paid ads are on the rise.
- 14:12 - Thoughts on advertising on Amazon.
- 15:52 - Colin discusses how he thinks about repeat purchasers.
- 16:51 - Colin mentions his Email Marketing platform is Klaviyo and how import email design is.
- 19:21 - The tech-stack CAMSKNS uses for marketing.
- 20:48 - SMS hacks.
- 22:33 - Tips on how to start a business in 2021.
- 25:10 - Colin's favorite camera - Sony A7iii.
- 22:35 - Favorite CAMSKN product - Lens skins.
- 25:52 - Colin describes his typical day.
- 26:59 - Top 3 books Colin recommends.
- 29:31 - Colin's top marketing tips for 2021.
- SMS Bump
- Sony A7iii
- Man's Search for Meaning
- Shoe Dog
- Shortness of Life
- Tim Ferris Show
- CAMSKNS Instagram Account
- Colin Dougherty LinkedIn