If you think you know how to get the best talent for your brand then this is the podcast for you.
Years of experience of hiring can still leave you closed off from these valuable insider tips. This episode will leave you with the best tips you can receive about the talent you are wanting.
Luis Tinajero, an experienced Digital Recruiter, talks about how he finds the best clients for growing brands and for companies that just cannot get a break.
In this episode, Luis and I talked about good hires, poor fits, and how to use both effectively.
What You'll Learn:
- Influencer marketing’s current place in social media.
- What makes an employee valuable.
- Proper salary negotiation.
- How eCommerce has evolved even further.
- The prospects of hiring remote workers.
Episode Show Notes
- 1:00 - Luis started as a video editor and jumped into recruiting around 2016.
- 2:42 - The most challenging roles to fill - paid social manager, paid search, and programmatic media buyer.
- 4:48 - Finding roles on LinkedIn - The best talent isn't looking.
- 6:00 - The top mistake Luis sees from eCommerce candidates - Applying with zero experience or if someone has jumped around a lot.
- 9:30 - Challenges of working at a startup vs established company - Employer branding and Glassdoor ratings go a long way towards attracting quality employees.
- 13:04 - Senior level paid acquisition manger rates are between 90 - 120k year salary.
- 13:41 - Luis mentions many people living in expensive cities moved to less expensive cities while still maintaining the same salary.
- 15:18 - The biggest mistake employers make is rushing the hire without vetting the candidate.
- 18:36- The most significant change Luis has seen in the past 5 years is eCommerce moving towards video.
- 21:09 - Luis believes TikTok is the next major ad platform for eCommerce.
- 23:56 - Luis recommends most brands invest in culture videos to attract the right type of talent.
- 25:58 - Every year companies are coming out with less benefits. Employees want to join companies with outstanding benefits.
- 28:36 - Books Luis recommends - The Art of Not Giving a F*ck and Sapiens.
- 29:16 - Brands Luis buys from - 2AM Clothing and Nike.
- 31:16 - The tech stack Luis uses for recruiting: LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Angel List, Dice, and Behance.
- 33:44- Entry level salaries - Email, Paid Search, Paid Social, Amazon, and Programmatic.
- Channel Factory
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck
- 2AM Clothing
- Zip Recruiter
- Angel List
- Luis Tinajero LinkedIn