People aren’t going to retail stores as much as they used to.
That’s been true for a while, but it’s especially true during a global pandemic.
Because of that, the e-commerce space is growing. How will it continue to change, and what does that mean for your advertising, sales, and creative?
What You'll Learn from Art Villalobos of Salvo Media:
- Common mistakes that eCommerce brands make.
- How paid acquisition and eCommerce have changed during the pandemic.
- Expectations for e-commerce for Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
- The future of advertising in 2021.
- The paid acquisition channels to pay attention to this year
Episode Show Notes
- 0:37 - Art discusses his background on Facebook paid media.
- 2:17 - Success stories - Taking a client from 15k/monthly spend to 600k monthly spend. Art discusses the three changes he made to grow the account.
- 4:56 - Lessons learned - Not realizing client was using two Facebook ad pixels on their account.
- 7:09 - Lessons learned 2 - Kim Kardashian used the wrong hashtag but it actually benefited Art's client.
- 8:07 - Art discusses how paid advertising changed during the pandemic - The election drastically increased CPM costs.
- 10:35 - Client jumps from 2X ROAs to 16X ROAs in April during the pandemic.
- 14:07 - Budget allocation during BF/CM - 70% prospecting, 25% re-marketing, 5% retention.
- 16:35 - Most significant change in past 5 years - User privacy.
- 17:22 - Art discusses the future of advertising - More users buying online and more retail shops building an eCommerce store.
- 18:38 - Most common mistake Art see's eCommerce brands make - Not leveraging creative to optimal levels.
- 20:38 - Art discusses the impact of Facebook and Google removing cookie tracking.
- 23:08 - Art recommends Facebook ad buyers groups to learn more about digital marketing.
- 24:58 - How Salvo Media works with new clients.