QuaGrowth, an Email Marketing Agency for 7 figure plus eCommerce brands, was acquired today by GR0. Here's the article in AdWeek announcing the QuaGrowth acquisition. The below content was taken directly from the QuaGrowth Newsletter.
QuaGrowth acquired by GR0, a SEO and Digital Marketing Agency
I have some special news today. QuaGrowth is officially acquired by GR0, a SEO and Digital Marketing Agency in Los Angeles, California. A 3 1/2 year journey comes to an end while a new one begins.I started QuaGrowth on Jan 1st 2019 after leaving my previous agency, MuteSix, looking for a new challenge. Although I had spent about 5 years working on eCommerce, QuaGrowth originally started out as a B2B Agency. I was gung-ho about attending all the biggest conferences to sell my services and become a world-renowned speaker for all things B2B Marketing. I went to Hubspot’s INBOUND, Drift’s HyperGrowth, and Gong’s Celebrate conferences to name a few. After I returned home from these conferences, I started getting referrals, but not B2B referrals. These were eCommerce referrals from big brands that needed help. I learned a very important lesson that day: Focus on what you know and double down on that! What I knew very well was eCommerce.
QuaGrowth Email Marketing now a GR0 company.
The pandemic hit and everyone was buying and selling online. We pivoted to be The Email Marketing Agency for 7 Figure+ Ecommerce brands. Last year, I met Jon and Kevin of GR0 at a wedding. SEO was a service I was lacking for my own agency so hired them to take QuaGrowth's to the next level.I like to say that Search Engine Optimization & Email Marketing are two of the most boring marketing channels around. However, in a world of increased ad costs and competition, we live in a ecosystem where the basics matter. As Warren Buffet says when it comes to his stock choices, "Boring is Beautiful!". 2 boring companies got together one day and a deal was made. And that's how QuaGrowth was acquired! I know it's a rather boring end to the story but in all seriousness, I'm excited to work with one of the fastest growing companies in Los Angeles. Kevin and Jon have built a rocketship of a company in less than 2 years and I'm looking forward to helping to contribute anyway I can. Thanks to all past and current client's who've contributed to the growth of QuaGrowth. Shout out to all current and former employees who've help build QuaGrowth. Special acknowledgment to all friends and mentors who've helped me navigate the ups and downs of being a business owner.
10 Book Recommendations for Ecommerce Reading
If you've made it this far, thanks again for reading! This is the last post that I'll send out of QuaGrowth. I'll leave you with my top 10 favorite books I've read the past 3 1/2 years (in no particular order)
- Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind by Yuval Noah Harari - Fascinating book and a must read book on the history of humans.
- The Third Door by Alex Banayan - I learned the power of persistence. Anyone you want to meet in the world is one cold email away.
- Can't Hurt Me by David Goggins - Another great book on persistence. David will make you feel like you can accomplish anything.
- Sales Manager Survival Guide by David Brock - My go to book for everything in sales. I got to meet David in person and he is one of the most down to earth knowledgeable people in the sales industry.
- Atomic Habits by James Clear - Get 1% better everyday. My favorite book on improving my own habits.
- Permanent Record by Edward Snowden - We live in an online world that is tracked. Fascinating read on the extremes the companies we trust spy on our own behavior.
- Shadow Divers and Pirate Hunters by Robert Kurson - I'm an avid scuba diver and love a great adventure tail. These books will get you hooked on the importance of visualization, planning, and trusting your instinct.
- Mindf*ck by Christopher Wylie - A detailed look into the inside working of the Cambridge Analytica scandal aka the downfall of Facebook.
- Principles by Ray Dalio - The modern day investing bible. I highly recommend reading during this recession.
- Greenlights by Matthew McConaughey - Great book on risk taking, life and living by your own principles.
- Midnight in Chernobyl by Adam Higginbotham - The HBO series is tremendous as well. This book taught me to have humility as a manager and know when to admit you are wrong.
Thanks again for reading and I'm excited to start my new journey at GR0! If you have any life changing book recommendations I'd love to read them. Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions, insights, or comments.