If you want to know how to outrank your competitors in organic search, this is the podcast for you.
Leveraging the power of PR, keyword research, and long-form articles can be the key to tremendous eCommerce organic growth. This episode will comfort, excite, and inform you on exactly how you can organically grow your brand without investing in paid media.
Kevin Miller, the Co-Founder and CEO of Gr0 spills the SEO industry secrets and what makes his agency different.
In this episode, Kevin and I talk about the past, current, and future of SEO, as well as Kevin's favorite organic growth tools.
What You'll from Learn from Kevin Miller of Gr0:
- How to find content writers for your eCommerce brand.
- Which media platforms are closed and are still usable.
- The tools Kevin uses on a daily basis.
- How to leverage PR firms.
- Success stories from Kevin's own websites.
Episode Show Notes
- 0:50 - Kevin describes how he came to acquire the domain Gr0.com.
- 2:18 - Kevin grew up in Florida and went to Georgetown University. He didn't envision himself wearing suits and moved to San Francisco to work at Living Social and then Google.
- 4:21 - What did Google teach Kevin about SEO? Nothing. He learned the fundamentals of SEO tactics on his own.
- 6:09 - Kevin discusses the Google algorithm and which departments have access.
- 7:05 - Kevin describes the 3 pillars of his company Gr0.
- 8:52 - Gr0 uses exceptional content writers from 30 different colleges around the U.S.
- 10:17 - Kevin describes his process for finding content writers for his agency.
- 11:39 - Kevin talks about why he avoids buying backlinks and how he leverages PR agencies to boost SEO rankings for his eCommerce clients.
- 14:55- How brands can win on their organic search engine queries. Gr0's team finds keywords to rank #1 by answering the industry's most asked questions.
- 17:11 - The most common mistake in SEO: Thin content. Kevin recommends a minimum of 1500 words of well written content per article.
- 17:42 - Kevin's formula for outranking competitors: 20% over the average of the top 10 search results.
- 20:57 - Most common mistakes SEO agencies make: Misalignment of expectations and lack of communication.
- 23:14 - Kevin discusses the forthcoming impact of iOS 15 and privacy.
- 25:23 - The role AI and Voice will play in 2022.
- 28:32 - Biggest SEO trends going into 2022 - PageSpeed for near instantaneous page load and content grading systems.
- 29:20 - Kevin prefers simplicity over making SEO too advanced or technical to understand.
- 31:04 - Kevin discusses how he grew The Word Counter from 0 to over 500k visits a month.
- 33:53 - Kevin publishes 5 articles a day on The Word Counter and does press outreach himself.
- 34:24 - Kevin mentions The Word Counter ranks for over 200k keywords and tends to outrank dictionary.com and thesaurus.com. His goal is to reach a million visitors by the end of the year.
- 36:48 - The most significant industry change in the past 5 years: Google EAT (Expertise, Authority, and Trust).
- 37:18 - The investment Kevin is most excited about - Disco Skincare for Men.
- 37:51 - Cryptocurrencies Kevin is most bullish about.
- 38:44 - The eCommerce brands Kevin buys from: Theragun, Lulu Lemon, and Disco Skincare.
- 39:07 - Kevin's Top 5 SEO tools - Google Search Console, Clearscope, Use Topic, Screaming Frog, and Moz.
- 40:19 - The book Kevin recommends entrepreneurs read - Shortcut Your Startup.
- 41:28 - Kevin's goal for Gr0 in 2022: Be the #1 place where eCommerce companies go for SEO.
- Living Social
- Use Topic
- The Word Counter
- Disco Skincare
- Riot Blockchain
- Lulu Lemon
- Google Search Console
- Screaming Frog
- Shortcut Your Startup
- Kevin Miller's personal website
- Kevin Miller's Twitter
- Kevin Miller's Linkedin