Everyone’s looking for an edge in the eCommerce space.
That’s where Klaviyo comes in: there’s nothing edgier than a software platform that helps you constantly test, learn, measure, and optimize, right?
If you’re looking for an email marketing company that helps you deliver more personalized experiences and supercharge your growth, Klaviyo is one of the best.
What You'll Learn:
- How Klaviyo is using AI to increase LTV.
- Powerful features of Klaviyo you may not know about.
- Klaviyo's go-to revenue based metrics.
- Data science trends to look forward to in 2021.
- A sneak peak into Klaviyo new data science features.
Episode Show Notes
- 1:30 - Michael discusses his role as a data scientist at Klaviyo.
- 2:22 - Michael's day to day work: Diving into literature, pulling data, fitting models, and validating models.
- 3:47 - How to use AI to increase LTV for larger brands.
- 4:49 - AI will help users click through emails often but won't replace the role of Email Marketing Managers.
- 5:58 - Michael discusses how Klaviyo users can have confidence in the data his team is working on.
- 7:55 - The importance of AB testing different revenue attribution models.
- 10:42 - 16:33 - The four features most Klaviyo customers aren't using: Predictive Gender, Smart Send times, product recommendations, and SMS.
- 19:02 - Michael discusses how to use Predictive Customer Lifetime Value (PCLV). This metric can be used to "flip the script" on Facebook.
- 21:59- Michael gives inside details of client performance of Black Friday/Cyber Monday during a pandemic.
- 23:31 - Updates in 2021 Michael is most excited about - Learning how changing circumstances affects buying behavior online.
- 25:12 - Sneak peek of Klaviyo updates coming in 2021 - Benchmarks and Google Adwords integration.
- 26:35 - Most important lesson learned as a Data Scientist at Klaviyo - "Anything can change". 2020 was a reminder to be adaptable.
- 28:23 - Michael discusses the importance of building systems that don't take humans out of the loop completely.
- 29:24 - Tips on how to maximize the Klaviyo platform - Testing, Product Recommendations, CLTV, and play around with multiple versions of the email using Predictive Gender.
- When is the Best Time to Send Emails
- Stop Explaining Blackbox Machine Learning Models for High Stakes Decisions and use Interpretable Models
- Michael Lawson Twitter